- Proficient with general video editing software (e.g Sony Vegas Pro, Final Cut Pro, and Adobe Premiere)
- Proficient with general audio editing software (e.g Audacity, Adobe Audition)
- Proficient with audio recording technology (e.g AT2020 microphone, Steinberg UR22 interface)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experienced with general image editing software
- Experienced with field recording (e.g Zoom H1n portable microphone)
Relevant Voiceover Experience
Colin Crowley – Corus Entertainment (August 2021 – Present)
- Worked with the Department of Accessibility Services to provide live closed captioning for various Corus-affiliated programs, including Global News and The Weather Network.
- Tasks included the creation of captions using voice-to-text software, and communicating with producers as they coordinate live television programming.
Anselina Israel – New Summon (September 2019 – April 2020)
- Performed creature acting as a demon for an animated thesis film.
Digital Ballista – Mayhem Masters (October 2019 – March 2020)
- Provided voiceover for a playable character in this independent video game, as well as the voice of one of the game’s announcers.
Harvey Beck – LifeTales Family Journals (March to May 2019)
- Hired to edit videos for this family social media app.
- Provided narration for several tutorial videos for the app’s website, with coaching and direction from my supervisor.
City of Hamilton – Flushables “Own Your Throne” (October 2018)
- Voice acted as various cartoon characters for a series of local public service announcements about flushing hazards directed at the Hamilton, Ontario area.
- Worked closely with the two project leads remotely to carry out their vision for the PSA.
Liftlock Studios – LifeLabs “TreatGXPlus” (April 2018)
- Performed narration for a virtual reality program developed by LifeLabs Genetics, the purpose of which is to advertise a new medication plan.
- Spoke with a calming tone meant to convey a factual understanding of how specific medications may affect individuals uniquely.
Relevant Editing Experience
Video Editor – Dr. Crafty (2020 – Present)
- Currently working as a video editor for a weekly cartoon webseries about digital speed-painting. This job requires highly kinetic uses of keyframe animation and quick cuts to maintain a sense of comic timing.
Video Editor – Self-Employed (2016 – Present)
- Currently working freelance as an editor for audio and video. So far, clients have included voice actors who have hired me to produce visual reels for their acting demos; additionally, I have mixed the audio for my own voice acting demos.
Video Editor – LifeTales Family Journals (2019)
- Designed various videos for this Toronto-based social media company. These including instructional videos for their website’s Q&A page (two of which I provided voiceover for), and a promotional video that was posted on Instagram.
Janice Hawke, DemoManiacs – Toronto, Ontario (March 2020 – Present)
Private coaching for commercial voiceover.
- Studied how to break down scripts for advertisements to flesh them out and tell a story that will engage with people. Steps included removing punctuation, determining who’s speaking and to whom, and any actions and pre-actions that build the scene.
- Additional practice with eLearning scripts; primarily worked on pacing and diversifying reads to avoid monotony.
Voice Workshops with Elley-Ray – Toronto, Ontario (June 2017 – Present)
Workshops for all-purpose voiceover. Particular areas of study included:
- Narration, including audiobook and virtual reality performance. Understanding the intimacy of virtual reality performance thanks to this class directly contributed to how I worked on my narration with LifeLabs. Learned that audiobooks rely on letting the content speak for itself – less is more.
- Commercial. Learned that much of commercial acting today is about “telling, not selling”, since ads have become miniature stories that aren’t just meant to promote a product.
- Video Game. Practice involved working out the pre-action for a scene and the motivations of the character presently, and conveying that intention with physical acting behind the microphone.
Tooned In Voiceover Workshops – Toronto, Ontario (April – May 2016)
Workshop for character and animation acting hosted by Stevie Vallance. Areas of practice:
- Constructing a character via body language, vocal placement, references such as specific laughs and famous voices.
- Preparation for the audition process, including in-studio etiquette and applying for agents.
triOS College – Toronto, Ontario (2017 – Graduated 2019)
Video Game Design and Development (Diploma).
Relevant courses of study:
- General audio design and mixing
Queen’s University – Kingston, Ontario (2011 – Graduated 2015)
Film and Media (Bachelor of Arts with Honours).
Relevant courses of study focused on:
- Developing practical experience as a video and audio editor
- Developing skills with media criticism and reviewing
- Understanding changes, development, and impact of media in the digital age